We are so blessed to be partakers of the Kingdom and enjoying the indwelling presence of God within us. There is no greater joy than enjoying the fullness of salvation. Jesus Christ die that we might have life, and have it in abundance. One of the benefits of the Holy Spirit is that He gives us gifts that edifies us and the church as well. There are nine gifts of the Spirit, but one is mostly to edify ourselves. The gift of tongues is a prayer language given by God to use and speak directly to Him. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit after resurrection to help keep us in that closeness with God at all times. Today many believers are ignoring the prayer language or simply refuse to use this amazing gift because of the various lies of the enemy. Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
There are many benefits to using the prayer language. 1 Corinthians 14:2 says “For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.” Jesus says in John 7:38 “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. Your Spirit prays in oneness with the Holy Spirit who dwells in you. In 1 Corinthians 14:14 Apostle Paul says “For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.” and he confirms in Romans 8:26-27 that “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”
- Praying in Tongues Edifies you. 1 Cor 14:4 “He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.”
- It builds you up! Jude 1:20 “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.”
- You charge up your spirit and stirring up the power that resides in you.
- It Emboldens you. (2 Tim 1:7) “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
- It Empowers you.
- It Sharpens your Spiritual senses to hear, see and become more knowledgeable about the things of God.
- It helps you stay in the manifest presence of God longer (Longer prayers).
Now that you have an understanding about this wonderful gift of the Spirit. If you already have it, please use it often. And if you don’t have it yet, ask the Lord by repeating this prayer below. God bless you and may you grow more spiritually as you use this prayer language.
- Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the Gift of the Holy Spirit. As your child, I now receive Him by faith to come and dwell in my heart. I receive Him into my soul and my body. I receive Him into every fiber of my being. I am now filled with the Holy Spirit and according to your Word, in Acts 2:4, I speak with other tongues as He gives me utterance in Jesus Name. Amen